Selling a home in today's real estate market can be a challenging process. Lisa Hampton Real Estate and its dedicated team of professionals is there to help you through every step of the process to get your home sold in the quickest amount of time and realize you the greatest return.
Tips for a successful home seller transaction.
1. Choose a Realtor® - Hire a professional to help you determine what price is viable in the current market and effectively market your home to the widest group of buyers. Pricing too high or too low can can negatively affect the sale. Listen to the Realtors® reasoning behind the price they recommend.
2. Prepare Your Home for Sale - When selling a home everything depends upon price, location and condition. Even if you are priced for the market if your home is not in it's best condition, you may experience lowball offers and a longer wait time for a sale.
3. Odor vs. Aroma - Pet odors, cigarette smoke and other odors can deter potential buyers so please clean/paint the home to present it in it's best condition. Aromas from candles or fresh baked desserts are always a plus.
4. Be Prepared for Showings - Tidy up the home inside and out. (Make the beds, put away dishes, clean up pet hair, mow the lawn and weed the flower beds) - make your home shine. You will never get a second chance to make a first impression. A clean well maintained home shows to the buyer that the home is cared for and not neglected.
5. Plan to Be Absent for Showings - Buyers feel more comfortable when the owner not present. If you cannot leave, plan to go for a walk when the parties arrive.
6. Consider Good Offers - Offers that come in within a few weeks of listing a home are typically from buyer's who have been searching for homes similar to yours, and yours has the componets they are looking for. Consider this a good opportunity and not that your home is priced incorrectly.